Monday, April 1, 2013

a is for...

...Arizona!


Yup...that's where I live, and have lived for several years.

I am more of a NW Gal, but the mountains in Arizona are beautiful.

When one thinks of Arizona, they think of flat, dry desert...or the Grand Canyon.

But many don't think of the mountains.  It struck me yesterday, as we were heading home, that in most places of Arizona, you are surrounded by mountains!  As a matter of fact, we have one in our back yard!

There is different type of beauty here, not forests of pines and firs, but the majestic Saguaro and the spindly Ocotillo cactus.


9 comments:

  1. The first time I ever read about the Southwest was in Tiger Eyes when I was a kid, then as an adult I fell in love all over again with the portrayed landscape in Richelle Mead's Dark Swan series. Mead really goes to town with her descriptions. Thanks for sharing the pictures! This is me at robgirlbooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of Tiger Eyes, but haven't read it. Will have to check it out. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I have a couple of friends that live in AZ and they love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are times that I 'like' it... but don't want to be here forever. Trying to find a way back to the trees, green and BEACHES!

      Delete
  3. My sister lives in Arizona (Sierra Vista) but I don't visit her in the summer. Too nice in Alaska then. I'm doing the characters from my novels in A-Z. (#781)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful photos! I'm a fellow Arizonan doing the a-z challenge ;-) Hello from Tucson!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an impressive sight of mountains. :)

    Father Dragon Writes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have met two other bloggers who live in Arizona but didn't grow up there. I think I would tire of the incessant heat! But the photos are truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to post a comment. If you leave a link to yours, I would love to visit... but it may take a few days before I comment or explore!

Sorry about the word verification - I hate them, too - but I hate vulgar spam more!

Have a Fabuloso Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...