Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

saluting hodge podge



1. What can the average citizen do to honor a military veteran and/or those currently serving?

If you see a military member at a restaurant, offer to pay his or her meal.  I live in a military town, and you will see people do that once in a while around here.  Better yet, simply tell them Thanks for serving their country.  Sometimes, all the military personnel hear are negative things, and it's nice to tell them you appreciate that they are serving their country!

2. Besides a flag what is something you own that is red, white and blue?

My All-American All-Stars!  I usually wear them on patriotic holidays - and whenever I feel like it.  I have had these for about 20 years (OMG - has it been that long?!) 


3. Does love really conquer all?

I would love to say yes, but not always.  You can love someone but are not a good person when with them, or cannot stand to be with them (take my parents - they loved each other but weren't good together.)

4. Strawberry shortcake or blueberry pie?

Definitely Strawberry Shortcake!


5. Do you share personal stuff with your hairdresser?

Do I have a hairdresser?!  The answer would be no - but I know my mom was like a Confessional for her clients way back when!

6. Does money lead to selfishness?

I think that it definitely can!  There are a few altruistic people out there who will use their money for good, but if you've got it, it seems to create a bad case of 'I Want's'!

7. What piece of furniture in your home most needs replacing or refinishing?

I would say our bookcases.  We just bought them, but they are cheap, they lean, and I need more space!

8. Insert your own random here.

Woo-Hoo!  I have a day off!   
            So, it's cleaning house, shopping and blogging all day...
                     ....after I go in to work to fix something - unfortunately, I have learned that if I want something done right, do it myself.  A sad thing as a manager...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...