Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists.
Books I Want Santa to Bring
First off, the number one on my list was actually sent to me by BOTH of my Secret Santas this year… funny and awesome! I was able to share the love with my Sister for this holiday season!
Here is a list of books that I would like to see under the tree…Hey, I can dream, can’t I?!
1. Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee. I loved this book, but I read the copy from the library and I want one of my very own that I can hug whenever I want to!
2. Words I Wish I Wrote: A Collection of Writings The Inspired Me by Robert Fulghum. I have always loved his wit and wisdom, and it would be wonderful to see what had inspired his writings.
3. The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth by Alexandra Robbins. I love the title, and I think that this is one of those books that you take a while to read, grok and savor.
4. Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by David Levithan. I have read so many good reviews of this book, and it sounds like great fun.
5. The Pioneer Cookbook by Miriam Barton. I love cookbooks, and love the concept of this one! It’s down-home cookin’ but recipes have been adapted for today’s kitchen. Did I mention that I love cookbooks?
6. A Summer in Europe by Marilyn Brant. I was supposed to get this one in the mail for winning a contest, but it got lost…and that makes me very sad!
7. The Fearless Baker by Emily Luchetti. With cookbooks, it is imperative to have it on your shelf so you can refer back to it all of the time!
8. The Miss Delacourt books by Heidi Ashworth. These just sound like great fun!
9. Our Best Bites by Sara Wells and Kate Jones. This looks like a neat cookbook to have on the shelf. It would be an interesting reference for the book I am writing… and did I mention that cookbooks are cool?!
10. A Kindle Fire. Maybe if I keep putting it out there that I want it…Santa will bring it to me!?! Hint Hint *wink wink*
What would you like to see under the tree?!?