Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

ff 10

Following Fridays
 

I look forward to seeing many of you again as I will be featured January 13th!

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It's a great way to meet new blogger friends. This week's question is by

Ce-Ce`s Garden of Reviews

Q: If you had to spend eternity inside the pages of a book which book would you choose and why?

A: Tough question... The first one that comes to mind is any book by Jane Austen.  I would love to travel to all of the different places that are featured in her books.  Lyme-Regis, Bath, Kent, Derbyshire, Devonshire...just to name a few!  

I love the civility of her books!  I have always enjoyed getting lost in the language and characters of her novels.  Idle walks through the countryside, time to spend reading and learning music.  Receiving a classical education and becoming fluent in another language would be wonderful!

I would have to be at least landed gentry...no maid/servant stuff.  I would also have to be able to spend The Season in London, with all of the balls and soirees, as well as the British Museum, circulating libraries, sunny days in Hyde Park, evenings at Vauxhall and Covent Gardens.  If only they had indoor plumbing at this time.  And I would make sure that any apothecary that got near me was NOT into blood-letting to reduce fevers!  It would be a quiet world.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...