Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Where in the World are You? #5


A new meme started HERE at Musings of a Book Lover!  Take the current book you are reading, and tell us "Where in the World Are You?"  What setting or place in the world is your book set... or where in the Universe, since some of us enjoy a good fantasy or sci-fi.  The beauty of reading is to take us to new and exciting places.  Or places that don't exist but in our minds.  Take us there now!

Where I Was - I was walking along the Cobb in Lyme Regis with cast members of Persuasion in Dreaming of Mr. Darcy.  The descriptions by Victoria Connelly made me fell the sea breeze on my face while the stormy waves splashed over the Cobb, made famous by Jane Austen's Persuasion.

I was also in Kansas in Addison Blakely: Confessions of a PK, walking through the hallways of high school once again, trying to figure out my life and what life was all about...or at least those feelings for the bad boy which conflicted with wanting to be a good daughter to dad the preacher!  Addison was the perfectly drawn teenager, full of feelings and trying to figure them all out!

Where I Am - San Francisco in dense fog, an Indian Summer and in the middle of a cupcakery called Treat.  I so want cupcakes now, especially the ones that are discussed in How to Eat a Cupcake!  Once again, the author has captured a city so well, you almost feel the fog rolling in on a late summer day. 


Where has reading taken you lately?

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...