I did it - I created another reading challenge. I want to read some classics and maybe this is the year for it.
I wanted to join other challenges, but they seemed to rigid (perhaps like some classics can be). So, I will take a little bit of this and a little bit of that and - Voila! Here is mine!
Here are the details:
1. This Challenge runs from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016. You cannot start the book until January 1st, and the last page needs to be read by Dec. 31st.
2. You can join at anytime. Crossovers are welcome, too!
3. It must be a Classic - but what does that mean? For the sake of argument, let's say it has to be at least 50 years old.
3. Format doesn't matter. Listening to an audiobook while doing your daily walk or commute is perfect!
4. You must post a Wrap-Up at the end of the year (even if you blog about each book).
5. Need some help? Here is a large list from Goodreads that might help!
6. Want to get a smattering of classics? Here is a list of categories to try out.
- Written under a pseudonym
- Children's story
- Chunkster - 500+ pages
- Novella - 120 pages or less
- Written by a woman
- Written by a man
- Translated work
Child's Play - 1-3 books
Dabbling with the Past - 4-6 books
Time Traveler - 7-9 books
Lost in Time - 10+ books
Sign Up to Join! What level will you be? Leave a Comment below once you have signed up!