Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hey Santa!



Top Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind 

Santa Bringing Me


Oh, gosh, where do I begin?!  Since I have been on a book-buying ban this past year, the list is incredibly long, but I will try to limit myself to only ten in number (but warning you, there will be some gift box sets!) 

Hunger Games Triology – I might be the last person on the planet that has not read these books.

The Mortal Instruments Gift Set – I know, I know… where have I been? My daughter told me that they are making a movie out of the first one, so why not get all of them?!

The Missing Manuscript of Jane Austen by Syrie James – I loved her two other books that were along these lines and cannot wait to get my hands on it!

Words I Wish I Wrote by Robert Fulghum – I have loved this author for years, and it would be interesting to see what he has found inspirational!

Austensibly Ordinary by Alyssa Goodnight – it isn’t even out yet, but it will be soon, and I would love to have a copy!

The Three Colonels by Jack Caldwell – I would love to read a Jane Austenesque book written by a man!

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer – another one not yet out, but want it nonetheless! I fell in LOVE with Cinder, and cannot wait to continue the journey.

A Breath of Eyre by Eve Marie Mont – the title captured me and it sounds like a fabulous book.

Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee – I loved this book, and I want my own copy!

Mr. Penumbra’s 24 Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan – a new book and sounds fascinating – “A gleeful and exhilarating tale of global conspiracy, complex code-breaking, high-tech data visualization, young love, rollicking adventure, and the secret to eternal life—mostly set in a hole-in-the-wall San Francisco bookstore” – what isn’t there to love about that!?!

What books do you want Santa to bring? 
Is it wrong of me to publish this list and send a copy to all of my relatives?!?!

 

10 comments:

  1. I hope you get the Hunger Games series! It's so awesome!!

    The first three books of the Mortal Instruments series are pretty good too. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! --I haven't read The Mortal Instruments series either!! --Hope Santa is good to you. --Have a Merry Christmas!

    My List.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh, I'd love to have a 24 hour bookstore. I think I'd live there, haha.

    I have the Hunger Games trilogy but I haven't started reading it yet =( If you like Hunger Games, you should check on Battle Royale which is where Hunger Games gets its inspiration (even if the author denies it, lol).

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love for Santa to use a little Christmas magic and leave me Scarlet early. Great list. Thanks for stopping by my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's perfectly acceptable to ask for boxed sets. :-D

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Shelver @ Bookshelvers Anon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um yeah, how could you NOT want something Jane Austen?!

    I am surprised by THG, but I definitely recommend them! I actually liked the movie better though :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Breath of Eyre looks so good! And SCARLET! Gah! I think everyone wants a copy, yah?

    The Hunger Games....Oh man...I love them so much my heart breaks even just thinking about them. haha ;)

    Fun list!!

    Sierra @ Yearning to Read
    My TTT: http://yearningtoread.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-wouldnt-mind.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great list! You are not the last person to read The Hunger Games and The Mortal Instruments. I haven't read them either - I received both boxed sets last Christmas. I just don't have enough time!

    I am interested in reading The Missing Manuscript of Jane Austen. I hadn't heard of Austensibly Ordinary before. I can't wait to read Scarlet too.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hoping you get the Hunger Games - you need to read it! And I think we both need to read the Mortal Instruments series, I keep hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to post a comment. If you leave a link to yours, I would love to visit... but it may take a few days before I comment or explore!

Sorry about the word verification - I hate them, too - but I hate vulgar spam more!

Have a Fabuloso Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...