This week, The Broke and the Bookish want us to reveal our bookish habits and things we probably don't let the general public know about ourselves! I am only limited to ten?!?
1. I am probably wanted by a certain Public Library system, as we had moved and took a book with us and I never had a chance to pay the fine. Do they forgive fines after three years?!? (and the book wasn't that great to begin with!)
2. I have too many galleys to read, and I want to read the books I have on my new bookcases, and I have no time to read as it is! :(
3. I have never read any of the Harry Potter series
(but have a very nice collection from ENGLAND -
The Philosopher's Stone and all that, as well as a few First Editions)
4. I have dedicated book shelves for my Austen-esque books. I am very funny about my shelves...no one is allowed to mess with them!
5. I despise when people dog-ear a book! So what do I do? I leave it open, face down to ruin the binding...
|some good advice from the University of Oxford
6. I like to collect ribbons and bookmarks to use. My favorite bookmark has this on it!
7. I cringe every time my husband takes a new paperback and breaks the binding before he starts to read it!
8. I admit it, I judge books by their covers! (and am most put out when the book does not live up to its cover!)
9. I do love my kindle because I can highlight favorite sayings so I can find them again.
10. When I read a Georgette Heyer book, I use a pencil for a bookmark, because I will write the words I don't know in the back of the book to look up later. Most of her books will have me looking up at least 20 words I don't know!
How about you? What are some of your bookish confessions?
I guess mine aren't as bad as I thought they would be
once I put it down on paper...
but looking forward to hearing about yours!