Monday, August 27, 2012

top ten Confessions

My Top Ten Bookish Confessions

This week, The Broke and the Bookish want us to reveal our bookish habits and things we probably don't let the general public know about ourselves!  I am only limited to ten?!?


1.  I am probably wanted by a certain Public Library system, as we had moved and took a book with us and I never had a chance to pay the fine.  Do they forgive fines after three years?!? (and the book wasn't that great to begin with!)

2.  I have too many galleys to read, and I want to read the books I have on my new bookcases, and I have no time to read as it is! :(

3.  I have never read any of the Harry Potter series

(but have a very nice collection from ENGLAND - 
The Philosopher's Stone and all that, as well as a few First Editions)

4.  I have dedicated book shelves for my Austen-esque books.  I am very funny about my shelves...no one is allowed to mess with them!

5.  I despise when people dog-ear a book!  So what do I do?  I leave it open, face down to ruin the binding...

some good advice from the University of Oxford
 
6.  I like to collect ribbons and bookmarks to use.  My favorite bookmark has this on it!


7.  I cringe every time my husband takes a new paperback and breaks the binding before he starts to read it!

8.  I admit it, I judge books by their covers!  (and am most put out when the book does not live up to its cover!)

9.  I do love my kindle because I can highlight favorite sayings so I can find them again.

10.  When I read a Georgette Heyer book, I use a pencil for a bookmark, because I will write the words I don't know in the back of the book to look up later.  Most of her books will have me looking up at least 20 words I don't know!

How about you?  What are some of your bookish confessions? 
 I guess mine aren't as bad as I thought they would be 
once I put it down on paper... 
but looking forward to hearing about yours!


12 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I judge books by their covers, too, and I've only read the first Harry Potter book! I was thinking of starting the series over at the start of the new year, perhaps I'll read the books all the way to the end this time. Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you write down the words you don't know. I do that a lot too. And I think that's one of the reasons I love the kindle - I can just use the cursor to get the definition and don't have to go find a dictionary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good list. I also collect bookmarks. My favourite is one with an illustration from The Little Prince on it.
    No. 7. I try not to break the bindings, but often it's a choice between that or severe wrist and finger strain from holding open a book that resembles a bear trap in its tenacity and intent to snap shut.
    No. 9. I love my Kindle because it's so easy to look up words and footnotes as I read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I hate broken bindings but if the book is really thick, sometimes it feels like it's meant to be broken :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breaking the binding *big eyes* Oh no no nooo, if someones does that to my books, I have to kill them.

    And Go read Harry Potter! :o

    My top 10 Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I break the bindings on paperbacks I really like, especially if they're really thick. I have an all-in-one LOTR paperback and it's ridiculous. That thing had to be thoroughly abused before I could even read it.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually returned my book to the library when I moved but returned it late. Can you believe that the late fee showed up on my credit a couple of years later?! I couldn't believe it. It was like $1.25 or something. I was mad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All those people that go through life WITHOUT Harry Potter by their side. I don't get it. People, don't you feel there's something missing???
    :)
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never read Harry Potter either! Well, I've read a bit more..I've attempted to read them several times, but can't get into them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list. I'm another bookmark fan, I love that the book depository sends you book marks with your book. Always brings me back for more. Not that I actually use the bookmarks. I just remember what page I'm on. Can't remember the characters names but never forget a page number. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read the HP series either! Thought I was the only one haha. Every time I mention that, I get a look of pure disgust from people. Shocking.
    Great blog.

    Happy Reading

    Emma
    http://emmaseminentbooks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I HAVEN'T READ HP EITHER!!! I felt like I was the only one! I thought I was going to have to hand in my book reviewer card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to post a comment. If you leave a link to yours, I would love to visit... but it may take a few days before I comment or explore!

Sorry about the word verification - I hate them, too - but I hate vulgar spam more!

Have a Fabuloso Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...