Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Yay for Friday!

This feature is for Fridays to re-cap the week's posts & to answer a question.
TGIF is hosted by GReads

I finished up the A to Z Blog Challenge and had a blast doing it!  Now it's time to go visit all of the other 1721 blogs (about halfway through the list)...

 and this is the first time I am doing TGIF!
This week's TGIF question: Literary vacations! If you could take a trip this summer to any place within a fictional book, where would you go?
What an easy question!  ALL of Jane Austen's novels!  I have been to Bath and London, and many of the homes used for filming the movies.  But it would be so interesting to visit these places at the time she wrote about them.  To go to the circulating libraries, to go to a ball at the Assembly Rooms in Bath.  Now that would be wonderful!  It was interesting walking in the Pump Room, for instance, but what about people in pelisses and Army coats, talking with people haven't seen in some time with the civility of the time!    *wistful sigh*

Then, there is - 
Follow Friday which is hosted by 


Featured blogs:
This week's Follow Friday question: What is one thing you wish you could tell your favorite author?

Besides how awesome she is?!?  I would probably tell Jane Austen that I want to thank her for making me a better person (especially right after reading one of her novels) due to the civility and wit of her characters.  I would also like to tell her that her stories have made me wish that time travel was possible, so that I could visit the England of the Regency period.  Then, I might warn her that if she were to visit the circulating library, to be prepared for all of the different versions of her Mr. Darcy that are out there!

What about you?  
                      Where would you like to go?  
          What is one thing you would say
                                 to your favorite author?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...