Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Top Ten Mish Mash



This is where I take several different topics, because I couldn’t think of ten for any one of them!

Books I’d love to re-read.

Once and Future King by TH White.  I remember reading this one freshman year in high school and absolutely loved it.  It started a King Arthur fetish for me for some time afterwards.  I thought it was so wonderful, the lessons learned by Arthur at the direction of Merlin.

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.  I remember that this book was rather impactful for me at the time I read it (tween years), but to be honest, I don’t remember the details of the story too well.

Persuasion by Jane Austen.  I have already read this one at least three times, but want to re-read it again, as I simply love the story of Anne Elliot and Captain Wentworth.

Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee.  I cried when I finished this book and sat there and hugged it for about 15 minutes – my family was wondering what was wrong with me.  I want to re-read it to see if it was as good as I thought it was.

Why I love Book Blogging

…because I find a ridiculous number of books I must possess, but never get around to reading them, because there is a new one to grab and read…
…because I love seeing what others think of the books I have read, to see if I am totally off-base with how I thought of the book….
…because there are giveaways, and my book shelves are burgeoning because of all of the wonderful books I have won…

Bookish Resolutions
To not buy any books for myself for the year of 2012 (unless it is under $3.99)
To read some classics – I have got to start on that list… right after I read all of those galleys I have grabbed….

Where I want to read
…on the beach, or by the beach so I can hear the roar of the ocean in the background…



9 comments:

  1. There are a ton of classics I haven't read yet that I need to get to. As for not buying any books for yourself this year... wow! There are such a lot of good books that have already come out (THE FAULT IN OUR STARS by John Green, and INSURGENT by Veronica Roth to name but two) so all the best with that! I suppose you can always get them next year... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do frequent our library, plus Overdrive for digital books! But, yes, my list of Must Haves grows daily. Watch out for January 1st, 2013 - I will probably go on a book buying bender! :D

      Delete
  2. I am reading a good amount of classics this year as well. And I would love to be reading on a beach right now! ;)

    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on reading the classics! Okay - now I have to read one - before I read anything else! Yes... must find a beach!

      Delete
  3. Ahhh, reading on the beach. Lovely.
    Angela @ AJ Arndt Books Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a brave resolution. I would not be able to do it- I should!- but I just wouldn't be able to keep to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been surprisingly easy, when you have over 100 books on your shelf that have not been read yet... plus digital and library books help!

      Oh - my birthday is coming up, I should pick a couple that I want for presents!

      Delete
  5. hahaha love the "mish-mash" list! :D I'd like to read Persuasion one day...I just need to set myself in the mood :P Great list and I'm a new follower :)

    I currently have a giveaway running on my blog if you'd like to check it out HERE

    Rabiah
    Confessions of a Readaholic

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you've read Persuasion then you must read the Annotated Persuasion!! (and if you haven't read Persuasion, then you simply MUST!!) I find myself reading Jane Austen every few months :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to post a comment. If you leave a link to yours, I would love to visit... but it may take a few days before I comment or explore!

Sorry about the word verification - I hate them, too - but I hate vulgar spam more!

Have a Fabuloso Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...