Thursday, April 12, 2012

ff #15

Time for Follow FridayBook Briefs and Gizmos Reviews are being featured this week.

The question was asked...

Q: What is one book that you would be nervous to see a movie adaption of because you think the movie could never live up to the book?

A: Tough question... Maybe Emily and Einstein - because they would have to do the 'talking dog' thing and that would just be weird.   One that I read and loved in college was The Mists of Avalon, and the mini series just ended up being creepy and totally ruined the story, IMHO - kind of like the mini series of Dune as well.

How about you... what favorite book of yours you would never want to see on the big screen, because there would be no way to 'translate' it?

12 comments:

  1. Hopping through. I've heard of Emily and Einstein but don't know much about it. What is it about?
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily was in the perfect marriage - or so she thought. When her husband was killed in a freak accident, she found out that it wasn't so perfect. Then she adopts a stray dog, who tries to help her move forward with her life. GREAT story!

      Delete
  2. Hi & Happy Friday!

    My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/feature-follow-friday-13th-april.html

    Have a nice weekend, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that certain aspects in books probably wouldn't transfer well. Talking dogs might be a bit corny. But hey, with today's technology maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm a new follower hopping by!

    Lovely answer! I haven't read those yet but it sounds great.

    My fff:
    http://bookwormmia.blogspot.com/2012/04/feature-follow-friday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read either. >_< But I think I shall. :)

    Patricia // My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about Mists of Avalon. A friend showed me the movie and I cringed through the whole thing.

    My FF.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read that book. Sounds interesting though :) I'm a new follower.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy FF! Just sneaking through to say hey. I'm a new follower!

    I hope you'll stop by & visit me too.

    Jenny @ Into the Morning Reads

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to post a comment. If you leave a link to yours, I would love to visit... but it may take a few days before I comment or explore!

Sorry about the word verification - I hate them, too - but I hate vulgar spam more!

Have a Fabuloso Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...