Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Top Ten Heartbreakers

Top Ten Books that Broke my Heart 
(some more than others!)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists.


     1.      Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks.  Leave it to Mr. Sparks to rip your heart out, just when you think there might be a Happily Ever After.
     2.      Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee.  Even though this was one of my favorites last year, and it did eventually end on a happy note, there was sadness in this book.
     3.      Skipping a Beat by Sarah Pekkanen.  I stayed up late to finish this book in bed, which was a mistake, as I was trying not to wake my husband with my crying.
     4.      Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Annie Barrows.  The ending was happy, and I loved this story, but there was a small part in there that shocked me, and I didn’t see coming.
     5.      Wish by Alexandra Bullen.  I have twins, so this book mad me a little sad.
     6.      Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank.  She was such a happy person despite all that went on, to have to live and die that way.
     7.      Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine.  What a wonderful book, but the ending just grips your chest!

Movies based on books I haven’t had a chance to read yet, but most certainly will, regardless!

     8.      Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.  One day I will read this book, because the movie was so poignant.
     9.      A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks.  I cry like a baby every time I watch this one.
     10.   One Day by David Nicholls.  I knew it, but was still shocked and devastated at the ending!

Here's hoping that this Valentine's Day is filled with Happiness, 
Chocolate and Good Reading!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...