Friday, December 16, 2011

ff 9

Following Fridays
 


It's been a while since I have done this...again!  Since I will be featured January 13th, I figured I should get back in the flow!

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It's a great way to meet new blogger friends. This weeks question is:
Q: When you’ve read a book, what do you do with it? (Keep it, give it away, donate it, sell it, swap it..?)

A:  Well, I used to put it up for Swap on GoodReads, as I have so many books!  I currently have 3.5 books cases in our house, and they are all full.  So full, that I have books on top of rows of books, books on dressers and on the top of the book case, and in boxes in the closet, as well as on my dresser and my nightstand... and let's not forget the 100+ books on my Kindle! 

 I am currently looking for a way to Share the Love with my books!  That's why I have a Book Swap tab up top... maybe do my own little book swap right here.  When I get more followers for my reviews, I might even pass the book along to a lucky winner, if I think it is worthy of a GiveAway!

Before GoodReads book swap, I usually donated the books to the library.  What *should* I do with my books, the ones I don't want to keep on my shelf, because those do bring a smile of joy to my face and pleasant memories of times well-spent with them?

 

13 comments:

  1. Oh I love to keep my books. If I had more reader friends living close to me I'd definitely share, but that's not the case.
    Amy's Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely keep all my books. Love your blog, new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good thinking. I know it's lame, but I can't bring myself to part with a book, even when I didn't like >.<

    Sarah (New follower) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3.5 bookcases? Did one collapse and become a half-case? LOL

    Here is my Follow Friday post

    Old follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep all mine good or bad in hopes that one day I might have my own library, here's mine
    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/12/feature-and-follow-friday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kristen If I had kept all of the books I have read, there would be no room for furniture! Plus, we move so much and having half of household weight in books is not a good thing...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Rachel Brooks I figured that my nightstand with its two puny shelves and all of the surfaces around the house constitutes a .5 status!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Sarah Brown Believe it or not, I have actually thrown away a book or two because it was so bad in my opinion, that I felt no one should read it (well, recycled it... a book is recyclable, after all.)
    I used to donate before I did bookswapping, but now looking for a new venue for that! Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Sarah (saz101) I see no reason for keeping bad book memories around. That would be a book I donate to Good Will or something... let someone earn a few pennies from it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Amy @ Amy's Book Den I would love to have a circle of friends where we can pass good books around... Right now I have the library!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well you're definitely a giver then! I'm definitely a keeper. Of books that is. Anyway, I'm here via Follow Friday. New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @scribeswindow I figure I should share the love! Though, the specials ones stay! Guess that makes me a little shelfish! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to post a comment. If you leave a link to yours, I would love to visit... but it may take a few days before I comment or explore!

Sorry about the word verification - I hate them, too - but I hate vulgar spam more!

Have a Fabuloso Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...