Friday, September 30, 2011

ff 7

This Week's question is by Starcrossed
 
 Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.
 
Q. What book that hasn't been turned into a movie (yet) would you most like to see make it to the big screen, and who would you like cast as your favorite character?

A:  Recently I read 'A Weekend with Mr. Darcy' by Victoria Connelly.  I think it would make such a fun movie!  And, I could see Hugh Jackman playing the part of Warwick Lawton.  Without giving anything away...there is a certain scene in the book that would be very amusing to watch...kind of like Robert DeNiro in 'Star Dust'!  (if you catch my drift!)  I do agree with many others that movies tend to ruin books, but this is written well enough, with enough humor and so many stories going on, it would play very well on the screen!  

Book Blogger Hop


“In honor of Banned Books Week, what is your
favorite “banned or frequently challenged book”?”

One summer in high school I did a 'banned book' reading list.  I can't remember how many I completed then, but here a few I do remember reading that summer.

The Scarlet Letter
1984
Fahrenheit 451
The Catcher in the Rye
The Great Gatsby

I don't know what my favorite would have been.  Probably 'Diary of a Young Girl' by Anne Frank.


Here are some surprising ones (to me, at least):


Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary  
Are you there God, It's Me, Margaret
Captain Underpants
James and the Giant Peach 
That was then, This is now
Black Beauty



I just find it incredible that some people feel that they can say what you should  not read (or what they cannot do!).  If you don't like it, don't read it (or do it!)!  

“The books that the world calls immoral are books that 
show the world its own shame.”
Oscar Wilde
 

17 comments:

  1. Hello! I love Stardust its so much fun, and that scene its very unexpected and funny. As for Hugh Jackman I'd watch any movie with him in it ;) New follower!

    Amy's FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping by to visit and follow! I think I'd be supportive of any Jane-Austen-related story coming to the big screen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the book, but anything with Hugh Jackman would get my support! Thanks for stopping by - I'm returning your visit and following.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved Stardust and agree with what you said about movies ruining books!

    -Kat @ Katmunster Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOO. I havent read the book but it looks amazing. Thanks for stopping by and becomming my 102nd follower! I love your page. Following back

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post.

    Hop on over to my blog and enter into the two giveaways.

    http://ramblingsofacoffeeaddictedwrter.blogspot.com/2011/09/90-miles-to-freedom-review-and-bookmark.html

    http://ramblingsofacoffeeaddictedwrter.blogspot.com/2011/09/night-circus-review-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Weekend with Mr. Darcy would make an awesome movie. New Follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read this book but you caught my attention when you said "hugh jackman" and "star dust"!

    Trish - My Memes

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read this yet but I agree that it looks like it would be a really fun movie!

    My Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gotta love Hugh Jackman! Thanks for stopping by.

    Danielle @Ramblings From This Chick

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love the Stardust movie!!!

    Goldilox and the Three Weres FF

    Goldilox (new follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read that one, or seen the Stardust movie, it sounds interesting though! I like Robert De Niro though!

    Thanks for hopping by :)
    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopping through. Anything with "Mr. Darcy" in the title sounds like it would be a great movie :-)
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hugh Jackman as Warwick Lawton...awesome. New follower. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Have an awesome book weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read that book yet, but it sounds really good. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) Hope you have a great weekend!

    New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Kate! I'm a new follower, and I LOVE your blog!

    I have already read your review of this book,, and it does sound like it would be a terrific movie! Well, I love anything related to Jane Austen, so I'll definitely go for it!

    Here's my FF post:

    http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-my-book-blog-friday-hop.html?showComment=1317524486197#c4038473308573390170

    Happy Sunday!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. There are quite a few surprising books on that list. I'm convinced that people do not like any book that has a message of any kind.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to post a comment. If you leave a link to yours, I would love to visit... but it may take a few days before I comment or explore!

Sorry about the word verification - I hate them, too - but I hate vulgar spam more!

Have a Fabuloso Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...