Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and theBookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists.
Top Ten Trends You'd Like To See More of/Less of (can do a combo of both or one or the other)
This is a tough one… I don’t know if I could come up with ten, even a combo, but here it goes:
1. Mythology. There are so many fascinating stories and to put them out there with modern twists are a wonderful way to learn more. (But if you read about my ‘less of’s I contradict myself. Isn’t this Burger King…can’t I have it my way?)
2. Victorian age. I have only read a couple of ‘steam punk’ but the concept is great. Take Victorian ideals and mesh them with futuristic worlds. ‘The Diamond Age’ could have been SO much more!
3. Diaries of authors… the few that I have read have been wonderful. Taking a beloved author and learning more about that author, and making a fictional diary has been a fun way to learn more about them. Though, I don’t know if many authors’ lives lend to this sort of thing.
4. Monster mash-up with the classics. Personally, I think we should be able to get the younger generations to read these all on their own accord without throwing in zombies and vampires. We did, so can kids today!
5. Vampires and other ‘creatures’ to include zombies and werewolves. A few books written this way (take Anne Rice’s Vampire LeStat) are fine, but to have even mainstream authors (huthum…Nora Roberts) is ridiculous.
What about you? What would you like to see more, or less, of?!