Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Top 10 - To Be Read


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and theBookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists.

What's in YOUR TBR Pile for this Fall?

With over THREE HUNDRED books in my GoodReads ‘To Read’ Pile… it is a bit daunting to pick only TEN that I want to read in the fall.  It seems as if I have an addiction to books….an uncontrollable urge to mark books ‘to read’ after seeing someone else reviewing a book, reading the blurb, or simply seeing the cover that makes me covet those books!  Thus, the ever-growing TBR pile.

Here goes the narrowing… and the choosing of what I want to read this fall!  Barring the galleys I recently grabbed (a few will be on this list), this is a list of books I want to read before the end of the year.
    
    1.      Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare– I have been fascinated with the cover of this book for quite some time.  The story doesn’t look too bad either.  Now…if I can find it available at the library, I’m on it!
    2.      The Help by Kathryn Stockett– I would like to read this before I see the movie.  Yes…I know that the movie is already out, but will most likely wait until it’s on DVD before seeing it.
    3.      The Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faegen– once again, the cover grabbed me.  I don’t read a LOT of YA…but I do like to sprinkle it in my reading list.  It’s nice to see well-written books (I hope this is one of them) geared towards young adults, to hook them into being life-long readers.
    4.      Definitely Not Mr. Darcy by Karen Doornebos– Title grabbed me one this one!  The premise sounds hilarious, too!
    5.      Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran– I have been wanting to read this long before it was published.  A few bloggers that I follow had advanced copies, and I have heard only good things about this one.  The French Revolution is one of my favorite periods to read about.
    6.      A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness -  I first saw this displayed in a bookstore in Oxford, England… and then I heard many good things about it…
    7.    Skipping a Beat by Sarah Pekkanen– I have recently read ‘Emily and Einstein’ and wonder if this one is similar.  Something about the cover just grabs me!
    8.      None but You and For You Alone by Susan Kaye– yes, I am listing two books in this one…as they are part 1 and 2.  Captain Wentworth’s side of Persuasion (my favorite Jane Austen, if you haven’t figured that one out yet, from my blog!)
    9.      Mansfield Park by Jane Austen – this is the last Jane Austen I have not yet read, and it is part of my 2011 Challenge.  I am looking forward to the book being much better than the two movie adaptations out there!
    10.   Mr. Darcy’s Little Sister by C. Allyn Pierson– This, too, has been on my shelf for a while.  Once again, it is also a book to help me round out my 2011 Challenge.  I have wanted to read this one for some time, based upon reviews…but have always grabbed something before it, for one reason or another (usually a review deadline that I have).

I only have half of these books on my shelf currently.  I am still trying to get the others through GoodReads (BookSwap is a wonderful thing!), or some other non-bookstore means.  Not to be mean to the bookstores, but I like to support my local library…and my bookcases are already overflowing!  There are so many other books on my TBR pile, and I am sure I will be given others to review along the way.  But these TEN are the ones that I would really like to read this fall. (Hopefully the GoodReads links for the books worked.  GR was being a little cranky when I wrote this!)

Looking forward to reading your lists (so my MOSTER TBR pile will continue to grow!)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...