okay - we all have them - a To Be Read pile that is ever increasing! Now we have to put in to words what we hope to read this summer... which officially starts tomorrow!
So, being cautiously optimistic - I have decided to take the items from my NetGalley list - since I have so many I want to read (and so many more I want to get, but cannot until I do these reviews!)... and then throw in a couple I hope to get my hands on, if our library system has these books!
1. Mr. Darcy Forever by Victoria Connelly - I am actually reading this one now. I have read the first two in the series, and would love to finish it. It's interesting to see as you are reading a series that the writing of an author improves - but let's see if the story telling does the same thing!
2. Nadia Knows Best by Jill Mansell. I have read a few Mansell books before and enjoyed the laughter that they typically provoke! Looking forward to more amusing tales.
3. Grave Mercy by Robin LeFevers. I have seen so many mixed reviews on this book, I am looking forward to seeing where I stand in the Grave Mercy camp!
4. Flirting in Italian by Lauren Henderson. It's always fun to read a YA book, and summer time is perfect to read something like this!
5. Touched by Cyn Balog. What an interesting premise for a YA book - a guy who can see the future but can't really change it without dire consequences. I am probably going to be sucked in to another series that I will have to impatiently await the follow-ons!
6. Endlessly by Kiersten White. I have so enjoyed the humor, wit and snark of Evie, I cannot wait to find out what happens and how the Paranormalcy series is wrapped up! (So, public library, if I donate the money, will you get the book?)
7. Making Piece by Beth M Howard. A Harlequin NONfiction - this should be interesting! About a lady who loses her husband at a young age and uses PIE to heal, not only herself, but those around her.
8. The Art of Bliss by Tess Whitehurst. I simply love the title! We all need more Bliss in our lives, and hopefully this will help us find it!
9. Hourglass and Timepiece by Myra McEntire. I know, I know...that's two books. But I hope to read them back-to-back! I have serious cover love for these books!
10. Nachtsturm Castle by Emily Snyder. This is a follow-on (if you will) of Northanger Abbey - and who doesn't want a little Gothic Austen in the summer?! This one is actually for a reading challenge - probably the only one I will finish this year! Gotta have priorities; right?!
If nothing else, Dear Reader, you will have some interesting book reviews to look forward to this summer. Now, I only have to stick to my list (with deviations here and there) and get these books read!
What's on your list - books to tempt me to stray from my own, and increase the maw of Frankie Stein, my TBR pile MONSTER!?