Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

my Hodge Podge, part Deux


1. What is a pet peeve you have when vacationing?

Tacky tourists (usually American, but most likely Russian) who disregard common courtesies that ruin the experience wherever you might be.

2. Would you describe yourself as a light packer or do you need everything in your closet plus the kitchen sink? 

Somewhere in between.  I like to be prepared, but also have the adage that if we forgot it, we can buy it... a bit more difficult in a foreign country, but nothing like buying 'feminine protection' in Turkey (for a teenager!)!

3. What's the best lesson a child ever taught you? 

Only hire babysitters who can stay awake longer than your children!  We came home to 'redecorating' of the hall bath - toothpaste EVERYWHERE with Q-tips stuck in the toothpaste - even in the underside of the step-stool!

4. Share one piece of advice you'd give a recent graduate as they attempt to enter the job market?

Persistence is key!  Be positive and Be yourself!

5. What's your favorite lemon something?

Tough call - I would probably have to go with a Lemon White Chocolate Cake!

Subtle meets Sassy

6. Flat sandal, wedge, heel...your favorite footwear? 

Barefoot first, then would have to be one of my fav pairs of Converse - one of the Aloha styles!
Cool Shoes!

7. What do you like best about a beach holiday? If you're not a beach lover (GASP!!) what do you dislike the least?

Best thing?!?  It has to be an uncrowded beach - as the beach is a place for peace and tranquility for me.  The roar of the ocean - the constant waves - is so soothing to me... it speaks directly to my soul!  
A true beach holiday?!?  My ideal beach vacation would be a Northwest Beach with Southern Cali weather - a rustic beach house - need at least one good storm for massive waves (luckily we would be up on a cliff) - fluffy blankets, great food and copious amounts of tasty wine!  Lots of climbing/scrambling, tidal pools, great sunsets with cloudy skies for depth.  Books, my HOney and PEACE!

8. Insert your own random thought here. 

All this beach talk makes me want to squidge my toes in the sand!  Kind of hard in the middle of the desert - I fear scorpions....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...