Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

top ten Best of 2011

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists.
 
Having read over 60 books in 2011 (since I started keeping track, that is) I have read some very good books, and some not-so-good books, as well as a few that were not good at all!  

     1.      Charlotte Collins by Jennifer Becton
Why I loved it, in a sentence:  The portrayal of Charlotte Lucas Collins was wonderful and I loved the twists in this Regency story that was a perfectly written sequel for Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice.
     2.      Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee
Why I loved it, in a sentence:  The story of Emily learning to move on after her husband died, and how a dog named Einstein was brought in to her life to help her.
     3.      Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Annie Barrows
Why I loved it, in a sentence:  The people of Guernsey Island were so well-drawn that I was completely taken in to their lives and really cared as to what happened to them.
     4.      The Rosetti Letter by Christi Phillips
Why I loved it, in a sentence:  I loved Claire and how human she was and how detailed 17th century Venice was drawn, it made me want all the more to go to Venice to soak in the history of this fascinating city!
     5.      A Weekend with Mr. Darcy by Victoria Connelly
Why I loved it, in a sentence:  I loved the humor, the characters and the premise of this story.
     6.      The ‘What If’ Guy by Brooke Moss
Why I loved it, in a sentence:  This was such a wonderful character story that was perfectly paced and did not have a rushed ending!
     7.      Cinder by Marissa Meyers
Why I loved it, in a sentence:  This was a fun book that I fell for the characters and wanted to see where the story took me, as well as enjoyed the intrigue.
     8.      And One Last Thing by Molly Harper
Why I loved it, in a sentence:  This was a story of a woman finding herself with some very amusing side effects.
     9.      The Sweetest Thing by Christina Mandelski
Why I loved it, in a sentence:  I thought that this portrayed a teenage girl well and also loved the humorous bits that were thrown in.
     10.   Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen         
Why I loved it, in a sentence:  This was a re-read for me, but I absolutely loved it more because of the characters and how true they seemed to be.
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...