Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

bbt - embarrassed?

Do you carry books with you when you’re out and about in the world?
And, do you ever try to hide the covers?

I am a proud book reader.  If I am doing anything other than running to the store... my Kindle, or the current book I am reading, is tucked in to my purse.  I don't like carrying around a large handbag, but recently purchased one large enough to put in my Kindle (and subsequently almost any book).

Back in my 'Mom Taxi' days, I would keep a 'car' book stashed under the seat.  I never knew when I would have to wait, so usually kept something light and fluffy handy...a guilty pleasure book.

Now, however, I won't walk out the door without a book in hand, if I can avoid it!

As for hiding the cover?  Back in middle school, I made paper bag covers for the books that my girlfriends and I passed around...Judy Blume's 'Forever' was one of them.  Definitely didn't want my mom to see I was reading that!  But now?  Nope...proud of what I read, so I don't feel the need to hide the covers.  Though, I won't be carrying around a bodice ripper - It's very easy to identify those books...and they are not something I like to read.  One sad thing about the Kindle... you don't get to show off the beautiful cover art that is on most books these days!

Wow... long answer for a short question... go figure!  What about you?  Are you always with a book?  Do you carry with pride? 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...