Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

top 10 tear-jerkers



Top 10 Books that will Make you Cry

Our Hosts - The Broke and the Bookish
Oh boy! Tough one – because I don’t like to cry over a book!  

Classic Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls.  I don’t think they have students read this any more in school. I did and I cried!

Nicholas Sparks – I stopped reading his books (finally – it only took about THREE of them to make up my mind!) because I was tired of crying!  Here are the ones I shed tears over: The Notebook, Message in a Bottle, The Wedding (tears of joy?!)

Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee. Wow – that surprised me.  I sat on the couch and cried (silently, I hope) for a bit after closing the book!

Skipping a Beat by Sarah Pekkanen. I knew it was going to happen.  Don’t finish this book while next to your sleeping spouse – they will wonder what’s wrong!

The Next Thing on My List by Jill Smolinski.  I definitely got teary-eyed a few times while reading this book – only because of the premise. A woman completes a dead woman’s “To-Do” List.

Edith and Mr. Bear by Dare Wright.  A children’s book.  I used to cry, as a young girl, reading this, because Edith seemed so sad…and again when Mr. Bear found her!

And now – for books that were so funny, I cried while laughing (and almost pee’d my pants!)

The Undiscovered Goddess by Michelle Colston – Truly, there were scenes in this book that had me laughing so hard water was squirting out of my eyes – but it is also a book about self-discovery and highly recommended.

And One Last Thing by Molly Harper.  Very amusing, and heart-warming as well...and some pretty funny scenes!

So...what books have made you reach for the tissue box?  
(Then I can avoid them...maybe! :) )
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...