Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

hodge podge Fall

Thought that I would take a few minutes to answer these Wednesday Hodge Podge questions.  It's a fun little thing to do, and hope you join us!


1. What's the best and worst thing thing about growing older?

tough question... worst, the cricks you get very easily even from sitting...it isn't fair!  I need more yoga to help with that!  The best? every day brings joy watching our girls grow into beautiful ladies.  I am looking forward to seeing them with their families, when they start them! :D

2.   Autumn arrives this week in the Northern Hemisphere...what one thing do you love most about the fall season?

There are many things I love about fall - but I think I have to go with Halloween!  I love little kids dressing up, our annual pumpkin carving fest, and moon-filled kisses in crisp autumn air!


3.  Speaking of fall...pumpkin seems to be flavoring everything these days-are you a fan?   What's your favorite pumpkin flavored food or beverage?

My favorite pumpkin thing is Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake - even though it doesn't agree with me, boy will I deal with the gurgles for several slices of this stuff!

4.  Since we're on the subject of fall...what's the worst fall you've ever taken?

There have been some good ones, like New Years Eve in Crete and twisting my ankle while running into the ocean, or tripping up stairs while a high school teacher.  However,  I would have to go with the one where we were rushing out to a religious service with my mom-in-law and I was wearing heels (not something I usually do) and slipped on the stairs in to the garage - my foot went through the open area at the back of the stairs and I landed on my face!  Worse yet, I still have a lump on my shin, 8 years later.  And yes, we still went to services.

5.  If you could own a prop from any film what would you choose?

I have no response to that... I guess I couldn't say the Eiffel Tower from the movie French Kiss, could I?  I think that the neighbors would be a bit bothered as it would obstruct the view of the mountains.  Then there is Downton Abbey - I would need a nice sized park for that little chateau.  I don't think there has been any prop from a movie that I desire.  Clothing is another story, though.

6. What's the most interesting word you've read or learned in the past week?

My mind is a blank... I could bore you with all of the medical terms from my nutrition book....

7. When was the last time you locked yourself out of your house, car, or office?  Was it a big deal?

We had just moved to Virginia, and my husband was immediately deployed to Iraq.  We had our household goods delivered basically in the middle of the night (I am serious - the movers should up after the bats came out and didn't leave until almost 2 am).  A few days after that, I had locked the keys in the house.  I luckily had a cell phone with me so I could call a locksmith, and really not a big deal.  That was the last time.  

The most memorable time was when our girls were little and we stepped out to talk to the neighbors, and the door was one of those automatic locking ones... I remember waiting for the MPs to show up to unlock our door, and we were standing outside of the window, trying to reassure them, while they were hugging each other and screaming, tears pouring down their face.  When we got back in, we grabbed the spare, and gave it to those same neighbors just in case!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I am wondering (speaking of Halloween) where we can go to see all of the trick-or-treaters, as we have moved to an area that will most likely not have any this year... that will be strange.  Even when we lived in England, we had Trick-or-Treaters!  Maybe we will be mobile candy dispensers - ride around on bikes and hand out candy...what do you think?!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...