Monday, April 2, 2012

top ten Books to Read in a Day

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.


Okay... first I want to point out that I am a notoriously SLOW reader!   The Staples reading test even told me so... and also told me that I am 9% below Average!  Though, this has never stopped me from being a voracious reader!  I am always in awe of people who can read over 100 books in a year!  Last year, I read just over 60 books... and some of those were cookbooks!  So... that being said, here are books that I have managed (or could manage, if I did nothing else!) to read in a day.... and books that I have enjoyed and would recommend!

Illusions by Richard Bach

Persuasion by Jane Austen

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Once Upon a Marigold by Jean Ferris

The Little Prince by Antoine de St. Exupery

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

1984 by George Orwell

The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo

The Cather in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

What books do you recommend?  I already have a list of ones that I want to read... but I am always looking for more!

Be sure to check out my answers for the A to Z Blogger Challenge!

14 comments:

  1. Hi there, just popping in... Oh Cinder and Persuasion :D Love it!!

    :) Here is my choice...
    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad there is someone who put Once Upon a Marigold on their list! That book was sooo fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Cinder and Anna & the French Kiss. Both an awesome reads. Great list=D

    Drop by my Top 10?
    http://www.tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/top-10-books-to-read-in-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna and the French Kiss- such a great pick! Same with Persuasion!
    I really need to get to Cinder at some point- is it as good as all the hype?? I hope it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna and the french kiss is amazing <3 . I can't wait to read Cinder, it's in my TBR pile.
    Here's my list;
    http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/04/top-ten-tuesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. That reading test is quite good. Thanks for the link. Yes, Persuasion is something you just have to start and finish in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've really, really got to get around to reading Anna and the French Kiss - it's just sitting on my shelf, impatiently waiting! I loved Lola too (it's on my list!) so I'm not sure why Anna is taking so long. And Cinder's on hold for me at the library, I can't wait to finally read it.

    Also, thanks for linking to that test! I've never seen it before, but it was pretty cool (and apparently I do read quite fast...hmm).

    Great picks!
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo I read 'Anna and the French Kiss' in a day too- I just forgot to put it on the list! Was really addictive!

    New Networked Blogs follower :-)

    My TTT: http://pocketfulofbooksblogger.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/top-ten-tuesday-books-to-read-in-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Anna and the French Kiss! Definitely one to read in a day/single sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Little Prince is one of my all time favorites. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eek--the only time I can put together enough time to read a book in a day is when traveling on a plane for hours on end is involved :)

    However, here are a couple that I could swing...Cannery Row and Sweet Thursday by Steinbeck, probably The Great Gatsby by Fitzgerald, Lady Susan by Austen, Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons.

    I must say, though, that I find I like reading several books at one time, long or short, because I like to have a relationship with a book that is more than short term. Especially when I'm rereading a favorite, why race through it when the whole point is to renew and rekindle a love affair with the book?

    BTW, I finally read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn last year and loved it. Go Francie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Persuasion made my list too! Oh, I totally forgot about A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.

    Here's my Top Ten. Would love for you to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cinder, still need to read that one. Sounds like an amazing read. I really like your list :)

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/04/top-10-tuesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to post a comment. If you leave a link to yours, I would love to visit... but it may take a few days before I comment or explore!

Sorry about the word verification - I hate them, too - but I hate vulgar spam more!

Have a Fabuloso Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...