Monday, March 26, 2012

top ten books I'd play hooky with


Spring Fever: Top Ten Books 
I'd Play Hooky With 
– or books I probably shouldn’t pick up 
unless I have some time off…

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

1  Persuasion.  Who wouldn’t want to spend a lovely day reading Jane Austen?

2  The Orchid Affair by Lauren Willig.  When I start one of Lauren’s books, I better not have anything planned, because it will NOT get done!  I fall into those books and don’t walk away until I am done, if possible.  

3  Mr. Darcy Forever by Victoria Connelly.  I have so enjoyed this author and I think that if I start to read this last in the ‘Austen Addicts’ series, it will have to be a hooky day!

4  Sisters by Danielle Steele.  It’s been a long time since I have read a Danielle Steele book, but I remember being sucked in to her books, so it sounds like the perfect one for a day of reading.

5  The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  Okay… I have seen the movie now, and everyone in the family has read this one… and it’s a quick read, so I just might have to play hooky to read it!

6  Breath of Eyre by Eve Marie Mont.  If someone gave this book to me, I would have to sit down with a nice cup of tea and read it right away!

7  Definitely NOT Mr. Darcy by Karen Doornebos.  I think this would be a great book to sit down with and read away!  Love the cover and the title completely grabbed me!

8  Austentatious by Alyssa Goodnight.  If I knew I was going to play hooky, and wanted a perfectly amusing heroine, Nic James would be my companion for the afternoon!  This one deserves a re-read!

9  Soulless by Gail Carriger.  If someone was wonderful and plunked this one into my ready-waiting hands, I don’t think I could leave the story until the very end… and I am sure I would be awaiting the next book.  Victorian manners and humor, count me in!

10  Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay.  Once again, if this book happened upon me, or I happened upon it, I would most likely fall into a comfy chair and not want to get out until I was done with the story!

25 comments:

  1. I too would play hooky for Persuasion and The Hunger Games. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to re-read Persuasions... that's all there is to it! :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on so many reviews! I love comments, and talking to my bookish friends!

    You've got a great list! I do hope you enjoy Mr. Darcy Forever. I still need to read the first book in this trilogy, but the second one was cute. :) I got Austentatious for V-day and need to read it soon. I love Austen spin-offs!

    I need to read Juliet Immortal. I got the sequel on Netgalley, so I need to read the first one now!

    Have fun reading! Let's hope we all get a hooky day soon. :)

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl (And The Broke and the Bookish)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool...I didn't know that there was a sequel to Juliet Immortal! And do yourself a favor... read Austentatious NOW!

      Delete
  3. Persuasion is my favourite Austen novel! I could read it a hundred times and still want to read it again! I love it as a choice for playing hooky with.
    Soulless... how could I have forgotten all these great books when I wrote my list? :P

    And Juliet Immortal is on my to-read list.

    - Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like we could start a book club!

      Delete
  4. You will love THG. And you clearly love the classics so have fun :) I'm still trying to get into them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to get in to the Classics... I cannot believe that I have not read so many of them. Have to remedy that soon!

      Delete
  5. I love The Pink Carnation series and The Hunger Games is another awesome choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Lauren Willig a sweetie? Love the Pink Carnation series too... now I need to get back in to it!

      Delete
  6. Oooo so many Classics related things! Love it! Yours is very original- I haven't seen many of these on other lists! Breath of Eyre sounds good- Mr Rochester is my literary crush big time. Great list and I am a new follower :-)

    My TTT: http://pocketfulofbooksblogger.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/top-ten-tuesday-playing-hooky-with.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that I am more of a Captain Wentworth fan. :D

      Delete
  7. Who wouldn't want a day reading Austen?! So true!! I want to read Austentatious!Looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, sister! I hope you get a chance to read Austentatious! IT was so much fun!

      Delete
  8. Great list! I just picked up Definitely Not MR. Darcy from the library, I can't wait to start reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not... on Tuesday I was a bit ill...so took the day on the couch and devoured half of 'Definitely NOT Mr. Darcy'! It was a fun read!

      Delete
  9. Love the mainly Austen theme, I have to check some of the new ones out. My favourite Austen book is Persuasion, it's just to easy to relate to. Great list.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Persuasion is my favorite as well... Thus the mental health day I would take to read it again, if I could!

      Delete
  10. Gah! I need to start the Pink Carnation series! I keep hearing such good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! You will thank yourself, and those that suggested it, later!

      Delete
  11. I just finished Mockingjay yesterday and those are on my list as well!!! I also loved Juliet Immortal! Here is my Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there, just popping in... I just got Juliet Immortal and can't wait to read it, must be good if you would lay hookie for it :D

    :) Here is my choice...
    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to post a comment. If you leave a link to yours, I would love to visit... but it may take a few days before I comment or explore!

Sorry about the word verification - I hate them, too - but I hate vulgar spam more!

Have a Fabuloso Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...