Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

ff #14

It's Friday and Novel Day and Hesperia Loves Books 
are being featured this week.



This week's question is:

Q:  Have you ever looked at book's cover and thought, This is going to be horrible?  But, was instead pleasantly surprised?  Show us the cover and tell us about the book.


My daughter checked this audio book out from the library, and I thought it looked rather cheesy!  How could a book with this cover be any good?


Boy, have I been surprised.  I cannot wait to get in to the car to listen to more of this book.  I am about ready to grab some headphones and listen to it in the house!  I am so hooked on this geeky 80's induced story about the future and a kid trying to find a hidden treasure in the Oasis - a super internet world!


The reverse has also happened to me rather recently.  



I fell in love with this cover and just had to read it... and I was so underwhelmed, it wasn't funny.  How can a cover this gorgeous house a bad story?  I know that I am in the minority on this book, but that was my experience.

So, Bad cover - Good Book.  and Good cover - Bad book!  
I guess that just goes to show that you cannot always
judge a book by its cover!  
 (cheesy, I know! :D)

What book have you judged by its cover and been surprised by?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...