Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Double Tagged!

WOW… I was tagged twice!  Being kind…I will only find 11 people total to pass these on to but I will answer both sets of questions!

Rules
1 You must post the rules.
2 Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3 Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4 Let them know you’ve tagged them!


Here are the questions I am asking of the 11 people I sent this too!  Then you can read on to see how I answered the 22 questions asked of me!

     1.       Favorite Ice Cream Flavor?
     2.      What’s in your purse? 
     3.      If you could meet one author, who would it be and why?
     4.      If money were no object, what is one thing you would buy yourself right now?
     5.      What do you want to be when you grow up?
     6.      What’s another hobby besides reading?
     7.      Favorite recipe (link to it, if you can!)?   
     8.      Sweet or Sour?
     9.      What is one movie you could watch over and over again?
     10.   Have you ever been to a play?
     11.   Why did you start blogging?

     Now, the Eleven Lucky People!  
     I have chosen these eleven because I love their blogs and respect what they do and how they do it!  Hopefully they will join in the fun!





From Small Blonde Hippy, here are her questions and my answers!

1.      If you were stranded on a desert island and you could take 1 item with you, what would it be?

My husband…if I am allowed to count him as an ‘item’!  He’s smart, an Eagle Scout, and grew up in the desert.  Plus, I would never be bored! ;)  If that’s not possible, a super huge Survival Kit, with ax, shovel, rope, canvas, pots/pans, water filtration, and a survival book….oh, and a world ban radio to call for help?  

2.      What’s the best place you’ve ever visited?

Would Our Mediterranean Cruise (visited five countries in two weeks) count as a place?  That is a tough call if I had to pick just one.  Even though the pollution was horrific and the hawkers and police scared the crap out of me, I would have to go with the Great Pyramids of Giza.  That was a phenomenal experience!

3.      Coffee or tea?

Neither, I am an avid water drinker!

4.      What have you done that you are really proud of?

Raise three Beautiful girls with my husband – all of whom are fantastic human beings and I am very proud of who they are individually and collectively!

5.      If you were an animal, what animal would you be?

A cat – having people wait on me hand and paw… pet me when I want it, fill my food bowl and leave me alone otherwise because I have sharp claws!

6.      What was your favourite subject at school?

High school would have been the Global Studies class, as we learned about the world outside of our tiny town, but also because we did a whole quarter on conspiracies and it was fascinating.

College – even though I majored in history and loved those classes, I think that either my creative writing class or the Chinese philosophy class would be up there!

7.      If you could go into any book and live in that world, which would it be?

Anything by Jane Austen.  I love the civility of her world, and I would have to be landed gentry or a noblewoman…none of that servant stuff for me!

8.       What sort of music do you listen to?

Overall, I would have to say smooth jazz…it’s relaxing and calming.  But anything that isn’t country, rap, hip hop or screaming…

9.       What sports do you watch?

I don’t.  My sports watching content can be summed up with Super Bowl Sunday, and that is mostly for the commercials, which are more lame than they used to be!

10.    What’s your favourite TV programme?

Don’t really do current tv.  Favorite series I have already watched twice and will probably again soon is West Wing.  I like a show with intelligence to it!

11.   When did you start blogging and how’s it going? 

Just over a year ago to keep track of the books I read, as I was living in England at the time and wanted to be a part of a ‘book club’ – did a reading challenge…or three, and it was a good place to do it. 
I think it is going all right.  I don’t have the huge numbers that some people have, but it’s for me, and I am very happy if someone else likes what I do and say!  So, I think it’s going well for my general purposes.  I know what I have here is a bit eclectic…but that’s how I roll!

From Caught In The Pages, here are her questions and my answers!

1.       Do you listen to a lot of music?

I wouldn’t say ‘a lot’ of music, but I do like music on in the car and sometimes on in the house while I am cleaning or futzing around!

2.   What is your favorite type of paranormal being/mythical creature?

Interesting question…. Fairies, I guess.  Not a huge vampire/werewolf fan, and not big into angels either… Fairies can be fun and mischievous and sometimes a little naughty!

3.   What was your favorite story/book as a kid?

I loved the Little House on the Prairie books when I was younger.  The images were so vivid for me and I think that is what really got me hooked on reading!

4.   Do you have any phobias/fears?

Yes… talking about them is one of them.  I am a bit of worry wart at times, but try to act normal.

5.   Who is your biggest book crush?

Don’t really have one… well, that’s not completely true.  Captain Wentworth in Persuasion by Jane Austen.  I know most people are Darcy girls, but I like the strong quiet type who has a steadfast love deep down inside!  Just like my handsome husband of 21 years!

6.   What was your favorite class in high school?

See above for this one… Global Studies.

7.   Would you rather travel back to the past or travel to the future?

I would have to say the past.  I am one of those people that if I saw a fortune teller, I would only let them tell me about my past, nothing about my future.  Right now, I am scared of what our future will be like if we don’t shape up and control our urge to ‘conquer’ Nature… she can be a harsh mistress!

8.   If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?

Europe… and all over it!  I got just a taste and want to go back and spend TIME there!  So much to see, experience and do!

9.   Sweet or salty?

Combination of both.  One of my favorite snacks are yogurt covered pretzels, and the really good ones use nice salty, crunchy pretzels!

10.   Horror, comedy, romance, or drama movies?

Romantic comedies are my favorite.  I am sure some of our daughters would think I am shallow for not wanting ‘Indie’ films all of the time, but I do believe in happily ever after and I like seeing how people get there!

11.  What book what you recommend above all others?

A book that I would recommend to everyone to read?  I would have to say Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Annie Barrow.  I think it is a book that everyone should read.  It’s mostly about the characters, but it is also about World War II.  If you like period pieces, I would definitely say Persuasion by Jane Austen.  I think it is the best of her stories!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...