Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

top ten - read again for the first time

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and theBookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists.

Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Read Again For The First Time

I take this week’s topic to mean that these books were so great you would love to ‘rediscover’ them!

     1.      Persuasion by Jane Austen.  My favorite Austen book and it was so neat discovering this story!  How will Anne act when she does see Captain Wentworth for the first time after several years?  Is Captain Wentworth going to marry the Musgrove girl?
     2.      Annette Vallon by James Tipton.  I quite enjoyed this story of a young woman and what she went through during the French Revolution, and how she tried to save as many people as she could.  It was also interesting seeing William Wordsworth involved in this story.
     3.      The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella .  This was a very funny book and it was a fun read!  I would hope that I would laugh as much as the first time!
     4.      Charlotte Collins by Jennifer Becton.  I loved the way this one was written.  I have tried to read her modern day ‘Southern Fraud’ series and couldn’t get in to it…so I would hope that this was as wonderful as I remembered!
     5.      Illusions by Richard Bach.  I will be re-reading this one soon, to finish one of my challenges, and I am sure it will be like the first time.  One of those philosophical books that you need to pick up again every few years, to remind yourself what the universe can be like for some!
     6.      Once a Hero by Michael Stackpole.  It was the perfect mixture of fantasy and romance and adventure.  It was also a book that both my husband and I loved!
     7.      The Corset Diaries by Katie MacAlister.  Another one of those books that had me laughing out loud!  I will be reading Definitely Not Mr. Darcy soon and hope it will be like this one…with a Jane Austen twist!
     8.      Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog) by Jerome K. Jerome.  Written in 1889, this book had me laughing all the way through!  It would be fun to ‘read this for the first time’ again, especially after having lived in England, now that I understand a little bit more about the English countryside and culture!
     9.      The Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman.  One of those books that change the way you think… a ‘shakubuku’ – a swift kick to re-center your reality!
     10.   Imzadi by Peter David.  Someone actually mentioned this book in a Top Ten recently and made me wonder if it was as wonderful as I thought it was when I read it 20 years ago.

This is quite the eclectic list of books.  Most of them are 5 star books and a few 4 star books! What books would you like to read for the first time...AGAIN!?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...