Thursday, July 21, 2011

ff #2







 Q. Name 3 authors that you would love to sit down and spend an hour or a meal with just talking about either their books or get advice on writing from?


My A:  Three authors that I would love to sit down and talk with about their books or writing advice would be (and I would like to think that they would get along very well!):


Jane Austen, Jennifer Becton and Lauren Willig.  

Question from 'We Love Books' website was a bit differently than on Parajunkee's site.  

Here it is:
Do you have a book BFF? Someone that you can pass a book on to and you know they'll just love it if you loved it?   Unfortunately, no I don't!  I can suggest books to family members, but we all like such different types of books.   One day...I will have a Book BFF!



Jane Austen, because her books have stood the test of time...for 200 years.  Her powers of observation were so keen then, and the basic human concepts have held  true even in today's.


Jennifer Becton, as she has written one of my favorite Austen 'continuations.'  She has also been a very strong advocate of indie publishing, and is constantly sharing her journey being an indie author.  She has also proven that you do not have to be locked into a specific genre, but write the stories that you want to tell.


Lauren Willig, as she has been a rather prolific author.  Though her favorite author is not our beloved Jane, Lauren has written a series that is loosely based on 'The Scarlet Pimpernel' - another of my favorite stories.


I would be happy just to listen to these three women talk amongst themselves...as I am sure that the dialogue would be fast, witty and just plain wonderful!  I would also make sure to have a tape recorder rolling to capture the words of wisdom that would be casually dropped here and there!

15 comments:

  1. Happy Follow Friday!!!
    Just stopping by to say hi! I am new to this Follow Friday Fun but am looking forward to finding a bunch of new exciting blogs.

    New Follower

    www.angelsdemonsandvampires.com
    @BReadThanDead

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I'm hopping through.
    Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane Austen is great choice!
    New Follower from: Niina's 2nd FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meeting Jane Austen would be amazing. I'm actually not familiar with the other authors on your list. Nice blog,I'm now following you.
    http://kafkatokindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi & Happy Friday!

    Great author picks..

    My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Lauren Willig's books and Jane Austen is my all time favorite- great picks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kudos for picking a classic author like Jane Austen! I haven't heard of the other authors, but I'll have to look them up! Great post! Happy Friday!

    My Follow Friday Post

    -Em

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choices! I'd love to sit with Jane Austen! I'm a new follower. My answers are up at Coffee Table Reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks!

    I'm lucky to have two Book BFFs! (That's not counting my blogging friends that I chat with daily for hours about books/blogging.) One of mine lives close enough we can exchange books, the other one lives on the other side of the US but that doesn't stop us from sharing suggestions.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope you have a great weekend.

    Amanda @ Letters Inside Out

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for becoming my follower. I'm now following you back. Jane Austen is a great choice, I ADORE her books.

    The Scarf Princess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping through. Definitely with you on Jane. I want to look up Jennifer and Lauren. They sound very different.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  12. Someone with different answers. New follower. Love the background. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour. Lauren Willig is a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Jane Austen! Great picks. New follower hopping through. Have a good weekend! :)

    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for dropping by @ We Fancy Books *waves*

    Following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. New follower here.

    I don't have a book bff either. Wouldn't that be nice?

    A link to my post:
    http://deadtreesandsilverscreens.blogspot.com/2011/07/friday-book-blogger-hop-7222011.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to post a comment. If you leave a link to yours, I would love to visit... but it may take a few days before I comment or explore!

Sorry about the word verification - I hate them, too - but I hate vulgar spam more!

Have a Fabuloso Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...