All lofty questions with answers just as ambiguous, but I do know that I want to READ more this year than I did last year. I was a teacher last year and didn't even reach my GoodReads goal of 42 books.
Here goes - bookish and not-so-bookish goals for 2015!
1. Read More! I think that one probably tops many readers lists. I am setting my GoodReads Goal to 42...again...because, as we all know 42 IS the answer to Life, The Universe and Everything!
2. Write better reviews. I got in to the habit of simply writing a few lines on GR, and not writing a full review here on my blog. I ran a reading challenge last year, and didn't even participate in it - and feel rather bad about it. This year, I am not holding myself to that kind of task (except for one or two... I can't help myself!) This year, I want to write full-on reviews for the books I complete!
3. WRITE! I completed NaNoWriMo in 2011, and STILL haven't finished that book! That book is on my To-Do List, but I started a new one (still 'stuck' on the NaNo book) and am VERY excited about it and want to really work on that one!
4. Discover new authors and new books. I am kind of in a limbo when it comes to what to read next. I want to get back into the reading world and see what new authors or genres that I might like.
5. Finish the Divergent series. I know, I know. Some may warn me away from this. I liked the first book, and I loved how the movie was better than the book (yes, I am in that camp). I know that there was also a lot of controversy over Allegiant, and I want to read it for myself to see WHY. I know that many people didn't like Mockingjay's ending, but I thought that it was perfect for the storyline. Want to see if it's the same with the Divergent series.
6. Be a Better Reviewer. I love NetGalley and getting requests either from publishers or authors directly to read their books. I want to be better at reading what I do get and writing reviews for them.
7. Self-Improvement. Not only do I want to partake in the Self-Help Junkie Reading Challenge, I want to actually put what I read into action. I want 2015 to be a year of Positive Change!
8. Learn! I am switching careers, and I want to learn more about my new career so that I can take it anywhere! Plus, I am sure I will learn a few other things along the way.
And for the NON-reading side of the house, but I am sure I can fit reading in there somehow!
9. Walk/Train. I want to do some fun 5k races this year. The first one is Insane Inflatables. A 5k where you get to climb up a 2 1/2 story inflatable slide and bounce down it...who wouldn't want to do that! I am sure I can listen to books on tape while training!
10. Complete my cookbook. This seems to be perpetually on my list and maybe this is the year that I refine, tweak, and proof the cookbook for friends and family - and maybe see if it's something that others would like! (Guess this one is still kind of about the Written Word, isn't it?!)
Would love to hear what your goals are for this New Year! Also - looking for suggestions for New Authors and/or genres!