1. What's something you wanted to do this summer that you never got around to actually doing?
Make a quilt. I have some great batik material, and I even have it cut into strips... and those strips are sitting in the spare room, waiting to be put into a tropical quilt.
2. Share a favorite memory of your own back -to-school days as a child.
Back to school shopping. We lived in a small town, and I always loved going up to the Big City (about 2 hours away). We would do lunch out and dinner out, and a whole lot of shopping!
3. What's one chore or daily task you prefer doing 'old-school' ?
I have a little note pad in my tiny purse to write notes. I still haven't started the habit of using my phone to take notes...then I would have to try to figure out where I put them! Also, shopping lists are on paper - always on the look-out for cute magnetic shopping lists for the fridge!
4. Share something you've learned in life through the 'school of hard knocks'.
hmmm.... not sure! will have to think on this one!
5. As a child, did you mostly bring or buy your lunch for school? What was your favorite thing to find in your lunchbox?
I packed a lunch in grade school because I hated vegetables and if we didn't clean our tray, we couldn't leave the cafeteria. Barbaric! High school - french fries with brown gravy and a chocolate shake. Why can't I have that metabolism again.
Favorite treat in the box?! Hostess! Preferably a Twinkie or a Cupcake!
6. Football season is upon us which has me wondering... how big of a sports fan are you (not just football) ? On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being 'I scream at the players through my television screen' and 1 being 'is knitting a sport?' where do you fall in fandom?
I am clueless when it comes to sports. I can identify them, but have absolutely NO desire to watch. I was a Band Mom when our girls were in school. Yes, football is a religion in Texas, but we were there for the band kids!
7. Share a favorite quote you think might inspire students of all ages at the start of a new school year.
The one I have on my wall in my middle school classroom is: "What is right isn't always popular, what is popular isn't always right." My signature for my work email is: "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Both are perfect for teaching young kids - for HUMANS!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Phish Food by Ben n Jerry's is THE BEST! Especially when there is plenty of ooey gooey marshmallow cream and caramel swirl!