1. Since you weren't Hodgepodging last Wednesday, how did you pass the time?
Busy but not... School is out and I have been taking a bit of a brain break (while doing endorsement classes for teacher certification!). Excited to get back in to a schedule and accomplish many things on my To-Do list!
2. What's the first word that comes to mind when I say marriage? Yes, one word.
3. Summer officially arrives in the Northern hemishpere later this week.
Does it feel like summer where you live? Describe your idea of the
perfect summer day.
Unfortunately - temps in the upper 90s in the high desert...100+ when we head to the big city. YUCK!
However, Perfect Summer's Day! Mid 80's with a coastal breeze as we head to the beach. Better yet, drive through a forest to a river and spend the day chillaxin' by the crystal clear river which is still cool enough to dip into for relief! Books, good food, light sprinkle, and a little libations!
4. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."(Sam Keen) Is laziness ever respectable? Do you have a lazy summer planned, or something semi-ambitious?
It is when you are on the beach with a drink in your hand! However, I have a semi-ambitious summer planned. You should see my Summer List of Things to do...and I am steadily checking things off!
5. Past or present, who's your favorite television dad? Why is he a favorite? Is he anything like your own dad?
I am going to bend this one a bit - and do a mini-series dad... Mr. Bennet of Pride and Prejudice! He calls "Silly" when silly does, wants nothing more than the best for his Lizzy! He is sort of like my dad - would have loved to have the love of knowledge shared with my dad, though, like Elizabeth Bennet does.
6. June 18th is International Picnic Day...share a favorite picnic memory.
I have shared a few wonderful picnics with my Soulmate (See #2)! Also, many lazy summer days on a beach or near a river when I was younger. Want to get back to a place where we can do that more often...and a winery would be a neat addition!
7. The travel site Trip Advisor lists the top five islands in the world for 2014 as- Ambergris Caye in Belize Cayes, Providenciales in Turks and Caicos, Bora Bora in French Polynesia, Marco Island Florida, and Lewis and Harris in The Outer Hebrides (Scotland). Have you been to any of these? Of those listed (and if price were not a factor) which would you most like to book for a holiday?
Does it count if I saw the Outer Hebrides while on my way to the Isle of Skye - home of Drambuie?!
I would have to go with Bora Bora, because it sounds Sexy Sexy!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Don't press the corner of your eye too hard, repeatedly, as you will give yourself a black eye!